Unpleasant snow-white flakes in the hair, itching, dry scalp - a problem for adults and children. Many mothers, when the first symptoms appear, try to replace the care products, but the problem sometimes lies deeper. The reasons for the development of problems include metabolic disorders, weakening of the immune system, diseases of internal organs. How to prevent dandruff in a child, the methods of its treatment, the difficulties encountered in delaying the disease, we consider in detail below.
What is dandruff
Dandruff is dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin. The main cause of the problem is the imbalance in the production of sebaceous secretion, accelerated cell division of the epidermis, in the end they accumulate, delivering a lot of inconvenience to the child.
Experts distinguish two main types of dandruff:
- Dry White dandruff flakes, small in size, crumble at the slightest contact. It appears due to the slow functioning of the sebaceous glands.
- Oily. Dandruff scales have a yellowish tint, sticky, stick together in large flakes. Oily dandruff as if sticks to the hair, getting rid of it is more difficult. The problem appears due to the increased production of sebum.
A separate group allocated yellow tubular dandruff in babies. There will be no special difficulties in treating the problem, it requires a little attention to the baby, strict adherence to the recommendations of the attending physician.
Important! When combing hair, some dandruff scales leave the skin, fall off on the shoulders, the floor. But to get rid of dandruff by combing it is impossible, requires targeted combination therapy, a strict diet.
Symptoms of a problem
Symptoms of dry dandruff:
- hair becomes brittle, brittle, split ends,
- itching, discomfort,
- skin is dry, irritable,
- redness of the skin,
- among the hair one can see small, white specks of dust.
Oily dandruff is manifested as follows:
- hair grows fat quickly, looks dirty, scruffy,
- yellowish, large flakes are observed in the basal area,
- itchy head
- wounds, suppurations are formed.
Any type of dandruff is accompanied by itching. The task of the mother to quickly respond to the problem, immediately begin its treatment, so that the child does not have time to comb the skin. It threatens with the formation of wounds, their suppuration.
In infant, dandruff looks different. These are seborrheic crusts of light yellow color, they are usually located in the upper region of the head, behind the ears, in the area of the spring. When combing their integrity is broken, the separated scales linger in the hair of a newborn and resemble dandruff.
If seborrheic "islands" are not treated, the problem will spread further, crusts will appear on the ears, in the groin area. The complex stage of the disease is called "seborrheic eczema".
There are several reasons for the appearance of seborrheic crusts in newborns:
- The baby’s tender skin is vulnerable to external factors, infection attacks,
- during pregnancy, the mother had problems with metabolism, they affected the development of the fetus,
- the sebaceous glands of the newborn are not fully developed, it takes time to stabilize their work,
- cosmetic products (shampoos, foams, soaps) are not suitable for babies,
- reaction to new foods in the diet of a nursing mother or with the introduction of complementary foods,
- lack of vitamins, minerals in the child’s body, especially B vitamins,
- indoor climate is not suitable for the baby (high humidity, hot),
- the baby constantly has a hat on, the skin does not breathe, sweats.
The body of a newborn baby reacts sensitively to any changes in the climate, cosmetics for skin care, changes in the diet of the mother and foods introduced as complementary foods. Such changes affect the condition of the skin of the baby.
In children from one year to 10 years
In the second year, the child has mastered many tastes, the sebaceous glands are sufficiently developed, and dandruff appears? Causes of dandruff in a child from one year to 10 years:
- improper care, shampoo, soap picked up with violations,
- unbalanced, poor nutrition, concomitant lack of vitamins in the body, malfunctions of the gastrointestinal tract,
- Dandruff in a child of 7–9 years of age appears due to skin diseases. Frequent culprits of flakes in hair are seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis,
- a child of 5 years may have dandruff after pediculosis, worm infestation,
- allergic to food, drugs, care products can cause a defect at any age, moms are recommended to take the sensitivity of the body more seriously,
- Admission to kindergarten, school, accompanied by nervous disorders, stress, the risk of developing the disease increases. Experts note a surge in the development of dandruff against the background of emotional stress in children aged 2-3, 6-8 years,
- diseases of the endocrine, digestive and nervous systems of the body cause a disturbance in the functioning of the sebaceous, sweat glands.
Attention! Do not overlook the fact that the child is able to become infected after contact with the patient, through a comb, panama, personal items. Fungal infections of the skin do not go away on their own, therefore it is impossible to delay the treatment.
Dandruff in teenagers is often caused by:
- changes in hormonal levels during puberty,
- metabolic disorders,
- allergic reaction to food, cosmetic products, drugs,
- stress, emotional breakdowns,
- endocrine system diseases
- infection with fungal infections after contact with a sick person, animal,
- sores, scabs on the skin,
- lack of vitamins, minerals in the body, in adolescence a child grows rapidly and requires more nutrients,
- low immunity, especially after past diseases.
At the age of 11–14 years old girls think about their own appearance, start using styling products, curling irons, irons. Such actions affect the condition of the skin, the lack of proper care contributes to dryness of the integument, the development of dandruff in adolescents.
Dandruff treatment in a child
Dandruff in children delivers no less anxiety than adults. Displays the unpleasant "snow" will quickly help harmonious actions of parents, compliance with the requirements of specialists, changing nutrition, lifestyle.
Noticed a problem in your hair - consult a specialist. He will conduct a detailed examination of the integument, be prepared for additional diagnostics, some tests. This is necessary to identify the exact cause of the problem.
Having established the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes treatment. It involves drug therapy, special care for hair with the use of medicinal cosmetics and natural remedies, a special diet. We will understand in more detail how to remove dandruff from a child by various methods.
How to remove the cover from the newborn
It is easy to treat dandruff in a child up to a year (of a crust). Apply some vegetable oil to the affected areas.
After some time (about 2 hours), when the crusts are softened, use a soft brush to remove them from the baby’s head. Particular caution should be shown at the crown, in the area of the spring.
Rinse the baby's hair thoroughly so that no oil is left, it can cause the peel to reappear.
Council If the crust is very hard, it will take longer to soften.To do this, the affected areas are treated with oil and left overnight, and washed off in the morning.
To cure dandruff in a child, you can use medical ointments, pastes, shampoos, soaps. Modern pharmaceuticals offer a wide range of medicinal preparations to eliminate the problem, they instantly relieve itching, which greatly facilitates the patient's condition. Regardless of the age of the patient, at the first use of funds spend an allergy test. Consider the popular drugs, anti-dandruff shampoos.
Shampoo, cream "Nizoral".
The active ingredient is ketoconazole, it effectively eliminates the problem of dandruff in children, adolescents and adults. “Nizoral” is used even for babies, the only condition is to avoid contact with eyes, mouth, nose.
External application. Shampoo "Nizoral"» need 1-2 times a week. The course of treatment is 2-4 weeks, taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism.
Apply evenly on problem areas up to 2 times a day. The treatment is carried out until the complete elimination of the symptoms of the disease. The cost of shampoo "Nizoral" 750 rubles, cream - 500 rubles.
Note, There is a large selection of analogs of Nizoral - Perkhotal, Dermazole, Dermazole Plus, Kenazole, Ebersept. They also contain ketoconazole and are cheaper.
Soap, Mask, Paste, Sulsen Shampoo
Suitable for dandruff in boys and girls. The preparations contain 2.5% sulene disulfide, it has a tonic effect on the hair, relieves itching, increases the security of the hair bulb from external aggressive factors.
Applied externally 1 time per week for dry dandruff, 2 times - for oily. Sulsen preparations are applied to clean skin for 15 minutes, then the remnants of the product are washed off. In addition to a quick recovery, the price of the product makes users happy (shampoo-paste 40 ml will cost 80–90 rubles).
Shampoo "Friderm Zinc"
Active ingredient - zinc pyrithione (2%). The drug has high antimicrobial, antifungal properties, it slows down the activity of harmful fungi, microorganisms, and prevents the complication of the problem.
Means for children, adults and pregnant women. Contraindications include individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
A little shampoo is spread on wet hair, foamed. After 5 minutes, wash off with plenty of water. The first 2 weeks is recommended to use shampoo every 3-4 days. In the future, its use is allowed once a week. The course of therapy is 1-1.5 months.
Frederm Zinc shampoo cost - 690 rubles. The drug reviews are positive, it is a safe, effective shampoo for any age.
Chemical compounds can provoke allergies, rash in children, so parents resort to treatment with folk remedies. If there are no serious health problems that provoked the development of dandruff, drug treatment can be postponed.
Come to the aid diet, calm, simple home procedures.
The following recommendations will help how to cure children's dandruff without special preparations:
- Rinsing with decoction of medicinal herbs (calendula, chamomile, nettle) will be useful.
- Add to a regular shampoo a few drops of tea tree, it perfectly soothes, tones the skin, reduces inflammation, prevents the development of the problem.
- The healing mask of castor, almond oil, grape seed extract will speed up the recovery of the child. Apply the mixture to problem areas before washing your head.
- Rinse hair with bulbous peel extract. Blonde beauties with this folk remedy should be careful, light curls will get a reddish, reddish tint.
The primary task in combating the problem is to eliminate the cause of dandruff, therefore, in conjunction with medical treatment, special attention is paid to the nutrition of the child.
Experts recommend to adhere to a strict diet to prevent the occurrence of problems in the future. The basic rules for its preparation:
- refuse sweet, fatty, smoked, products with preservatives, food harmful additives,
- Forget about fast foods, chips, crackers, carbonated drinks,
- focus on healthy, vitamin food, add fruits, salads from fresh vegetables to your diet,
- black tea, coffee, replace the compote of dried fruit, fresh juices,
- the way of cooking is important. For example, frying should be replaced by steaming, stewing briefly,
- Drink plenty of water.
The diet is selected individually, taking into account the cause of the disease, the characteristics of the patient. Entrust the preparation of the diet to a nutritionist.
Council Consult a doctor for the appointment of a complex of vitamins, trace elements. For mobile adolescents - this is an excellent way to strengthen the immune system, prevent the development of various diseases.
It happens that the treatment was carried out, the problem was eliminated, but the unpleasant flakes appeared again. Why does relapse occur? The answer is simple - the reason was not completely eliminated or the hair care is wrong.
For the prevention of dandruff in children, adolescents 12 years old will need:
- correction of nutrition, lifestyle of the child,
- use only your own comb, towel, hat,
- refusal to wash the baby’s head with shampoo for adults, use cosmetics of the appropriate age category,
- do not let your child overwork, take care of his emotional calm,
- In the winter, in the autumn, give children multivitamin complexes.
In the preventive purposes use medical shampoos. Apply them 1 time in 1-2 weeks.
Violation of the rules of using drugs, delaying treatment, improperly prescribed therapy contribute to development of unpleasant complications:
- allergic rashes, irritability of the integument,
- severe hair loss, baldness,
- the appearance of crusts, scab on the skin,
- large-scale lesions of the integument by fungi, bacteria, problem lesions can be seen on the hands, face and body.
Children are characterized by mobility, susceptibility to dermatological diseases. The task of parents is to protect them as much as possible from attacks of harmful infections, to start treatment promptly, to prevent recurrence in the future. Remember, dandruff is a signal of a malfunction in the body, which requires attention, appropriate treatment, otherwise harmless "snow" in the hair will result in a complex problem.
How to get rid of dandruff.
Causes of hair problems in children.
Why does baby have dandruff
There are several main causes of dandruff in children.
- Very often, the sudden onset of dandruff can be an allergic reaction. Especially if the appearance of white flakes is accompanied by red spots and unbearable itching. In this case, you need to carefully analyze all the new items and food products that have appeared in the child in recent days. This may be contact with an animal, a new pillow, sweets. In this case, you should take an antihistamine as soon as possible and remove the allergen from the field.
- Sometimes the cause of dandruff may be improperly selected shampoo. To wash the baby’s head, you need to use only baby shampoo without extra additives, dyes and silicone. You should also consider the type of hair of the child.
The causes of dandruff in a child can be many. To reveal the true, you need to appear a dermatologist and, if necessary, pass the tests.
What to eat to avoid dandruff
Is it possible to get rid of this problem, only slightly adjusting the power? Of course you can! After all, we are what we eat. Sometimes the restriction of harmful products and sufficient intake of vitamins can radically change the situation.
First you need to abandon the harmful, fatty and oily products, which provoke an increased production of sebum. These are sausage, fried meat and french fries, sweet carbonated drinks, chips, crackers, confectionery, large amounts of sugar, packaged juices, ready-to-cook foods, street food (fast food), mayonnaise, canned food. Refusal of these products will help to normalize the work of the child’s intestines, the skin of the face will become much cleaner and smoother.
In the diet of any child should be fresh fruits and vegetables, cereals, red and white meat, dairy products (especially sour-milk), whole grain bread, fish, beans, seeds, nuts, some honey (if not allergic), greens. In addition, in the winter and spring periods, when there are so few fresh vegetables and fruits, it is very important to give your child a complex of multivitamins, especially vitamins of group B. It is very useful to drink a course of fish oil twice a year.
Pharmaceutical anti-dandruff drugs
To cope with dandruff, you can use special cosmetics. Most often they are sold in a pharmacy, since dandruff is still a disease rather than a cosmetic defect. So, the most popular ways to rid the child of dandruff.
- Shampoo Friderm Zinc. Enough safe shampoo that can be used even by children under two years of age. This dermatological agent has antifungal and antimicrobial action. Suppresses the development of fungus, eliminates dandruff, itching and redness. Restores the living structure of the hair.
- Skin cap. Available in the form of shampoo, ointment, spray, cream. Suppresses the development of pathogenic bacteria and microbes. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Nizoral or other ketoconazole preparations. Nizoral is presented in the form of shampoo, cream and tablets. Used against depriving, seborrhea and dandruff. Antifungal medication.
- Sulsena. Sold in the form of butter, shampoo and paste. Effectively removes fungus, normalizes sebum production, makes hair well-groomed and clean.
- Bifon. This lotion is actively struggling with a yeast that causes dandruff. In addition, removes all related problems - itching, redness, peeling of the skin.
When buying pharmacy dandruff for your child, pay attention to the instructions for use - from what age you can use this tool.
Homemade recipes for dandruff in a child
If you do not trust the cosmetic industry and decide to cure a child without expensive means, we will tell you that it is quite possible. Numerous decoctions, oils and tinctures are capable of no worse than expensive drugs to save your baby from this problem.
- A succession and yarrow. Prepare a strong decoction from these plants and rinse the child's hair with it. The sequence has healing properties, it removes redness and inflammation. Yarrow inhibits the growth of bacteria. Daily rinsing of hair with this broth will give real results in a week.
- Tar. This tool has pronounced healing, anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. Buy in the pharmacy clean medical tar and apply it on the scalp with a cotton pad or sponge. Treat each centimeter of scalp carefully. Leave the tar for an hour, then rinse your hair with shampoo. You can use tar shampoo and tar soap together with common tar.
- Castor and burdock oil. Castor and burdock oil are the best components of any hair masks. They make locks strong, strong, and most importantly, without dandruff.The effect is noticeable after the first application. The oils should be mixed in equal proportions, heated in hot water and applied to the hair roots. After that, distribute the oil over the entire length and be sure to dip the ends into the oil if they split.
Folk remedies in the overwhelming majority are absolutely harmless and safe recipes that you can use to treat a child without a doubt.
In order to improve the blood circulation of the scalp and accelerate metabolic processes, you need to move more, at least to do exercises in the morning. Children who play sports suffer from dandruff much less often. Observe personal hygiene, teach your child to healthy food, get tested in a timely manner and you are not afraid of any dandruff!
Ways to solve the problem
How to get rid of dandruff in children? Today There are many ways to treat the disease in question. The causes and treatment of dandruff in children can only be stated by a qualified doctor. When contacting, he will help you choose the appropriate method. depending on the individual baby
In order for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp in children to take place really effectively and quickly, you should pay attention to two types of effects on dandruff: local and general. Consider each of them in more detail.
How to treat dandruff in children with general exposure? The total impact includes These stages include:
- Proper nutrition.
In the daily diet you need to add more fruits and vegetables, fish, meat, different types of nuts, greens and dairy products. You will have to give up fried, fatty, chocolate, tea, coffee and baking. Limit salt, pepper and sugar.
Tidy up the nervous system and all organs.
Various decoctions and preparations will help in this, which can be prescribed by a specialist.
Walk in the fresh air and observe sleep patterns.
How to treat dandruff in a child with local exposure? Local impact suggests use of such methods:
General methods seborrhea treatment is necessary apply to all children, without exception. If we talk about local methods, it is better to start with a trichologist or a dermatologist.
Act such shampoos directed to on that to kill the fungus that develops on the headwhich provokes the occurrence of lumps of dandruff. They also help stabilize the sebaceous glands, preventing the rapid accumulation of fat on the hair, which ultimately spoils the entire appearance and creates the impression of a dirty head.
Properly using medicated shampoos, it will be possible not only to recover from this disease, but also to prevent its recurrence.
Today withThere are several brandswhich really effectively cope with seborrhea in children’s head:
Includes a main component called ketoconazole. This is a very strong shampoo, because it kills the fungus on the scalp in 2 days.
The main component of this shampoo is selenium disulfide. Thanks to him, the hair becomes shiny, silky, and all signs of the disease (itching, redness) disappear.
Presented in pharmacies by a series of products, each of which is aimed at eliminating a specific problem. So, some cope with oily dandruff, others - with dry. There is a line designed to prevent seborrhea and the overall improvement of the scalp.
It should be noted also the line for hair care Bubchen. This German product is very popular with consumers.
A course of treatment seborrhea of the scalp in children, favorite means should not be less than 2 weeks. In the event that there is no result after this time, the shampoo you have chosen should be replaced by another one.
Before using healing shampoo read the instructions on its application.
How to treat seborrhea on the child's head with shampoos? To use any of the therapeutic shampoos need 2 to 3 times a week. After the white lumps begin to disappear, the frequency of application can be reduced to 1 time in 14 days. The general course of treatment must be extended to 42 days. In this case, you gradually need to return to the usual means for washing the head.
Used for children from birth to 2 years. In the event that the skin is too dry, the oils will help to moisturize it; if it is oily, it will create a drying effect. As a shampoo, it is permitted to use pine, flaxseed, almond, sesame oil, as well as walnut oil or grape seed oil.
More often mixed in the same proportions castor and burdock oil. The prepared mixture, just like any type of oil, is carefully rubbed into the scalp and left for 2 hours. After this procedure, the hair is thoroughly washed with shampoo at least 2 times.
Their apply after shampooing. To do this, it is enough to rinse clean damp hair with a pre-cooked warm decoction of herbs. They can be made from nettle, chamomile, yarrow or burdock root. Here are a few recipes for decoctions that easy to cook for your child at home:
- The main grass - yarrow. At 0.5 liters of water you need to take 4 tablespoons of chopped herbs and put the liquid on the fire. Bring to a boil and soak on the stove for 5 minutes. After this time, remove from heat, cover with a towel and let stand for at least half an hour. The resulting broth strain, cool to a comfortable temperature and rub into the skin every day for 1-2 months.
- To prepare a decoction of nettle need 20 g of its crushed leaves. 400 ml of boiling water is poured over the dry or fresh mass.. Cover tightly and let it brew for 40 minutes. Squeeze the nettles and pour 30 ml of apple cider vinegar into the resulting liquid. Instead of apple cider vinegar and table.
The resulting liquid you can't rub your head yet. For one procedure, take 2 tablespoons of it and mix with 6 tablespoons of warm or hot water.
This fluid rub not all the hair, but only their roots. Do not flush. Cover the head with a paper bag and tie a warm scarf or wrap up with a towel.
This procedure for recovery is best done at night.
In the morning, rinse your head with clean water. and rinse with 30 ml of undiluted broth mixed with a glass of hot water. To get rid of dandruff using this method will be possible in 3 months. In this case, the above procedures are repeated every week 2 times.
This is a good tool. for the treatment of the disease in question, when it is accompanied by a large release of sebum. It is possible to get rid of it with the help of masks from berries of cherry, currant. Also suitable for this black bread. Berries rubbed through a fine sieve. and impose on the hair, trying to distribute them over the entire length, a little rubbing the roots.
So that the mass does not fall from the head, its cover with bag and wrapped with a towel or a handkerchief. Stand for at least an hour. After that, the hair is washed with medicinal or regular shampoos. As a conclusion, you can use a decoction of herbs. Apply masks 1-2 times a week for at least 2 months.
When to wait for results?
Reach as fast as possible result in treatment can be using pharmacy medicated shampoos industrial production. The result can be seen already after 7-14 days.
In that case, if you use masks, decoctions and other methods separately, dandruff can disappear only 2-3 months.
Combining shampoos and various local methods of influence on seborrhea will help to get rid of it also after about 1-2 weeks.
Planning to save your child from the analyzed disease as soon as possible, should properly pick up shampoo and periodically alternate other treatments. Only in such a case you will not only get rid of the hated white lumps on your head, but also make your scalp healthyand the hair is shiny, strong and very soft.
Causes of appearance in children under 12 years
Excessive amount of dandruff can signal not only any irregularities in the body. Its appearance can be a reaction of the skin to several factors:
- improper feeding, with an excess or deficiency of vitamins (important for artificial-fed children),
- unbalanced diet of the mother who feeds the baby with breast milk,
- wrong choice of cosmetics for the care of the scalp and hair,
- allergic reaction to food, cosmetics, pollen, dust,
- overheating of the scalp due to frequent donning of the cap (important for babies).
If all of these factors are excluded, and the symptoms of the pathological condition have not disappeared, The following functional impairments should be considered:
- endocrine system diseases
- dysfunction of the digestive tract,
- gynecological diseases.
To change the situation for the better, it is enough to normalize the diet and not to use inappropriate cosmetics. If these measures do not help, consultation of a dermatologist is required, who will refer the parent with the child to the necessary specialist.
Causes of adolescence from 12 years
Dandruff in adolescents is the most common reaction to hormonal changes. In most cases, the situation does not require treatment. As a child grows up, all signs of seborrhea pass by him by themselves. But the appearance of dandruff often worries a teenager that it affects his appearance.
In particular, if the cause of the pathology was hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands and its consequence: oily seborrhea. In this disease, the hair becomes greasy shine, weighted, hair becomes sloppy. A teenager is forced to wash his hair much more often than during normal skin condition.
Hormonal imbalance is especially pronounced in girls 12-13 years old. At this age, puberty occurs, the first menstruation begins. If the male hormones prevail in the hormonal background, or, on the contrary, the female hormones, the skin of the scalp can respond to hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands and the appearance of dandruff.
But help the scalp must be rendered. This is done with the help of proper selection of care products, normalization of nutrition, ensuring proper rest during sleep, avoiding stress and depression.
It is difficult for a teenager to cope with all these tasks independently. He needs help from parents and a specialist: a dermatologist-trichologist. It is important to familiarize yourself with the list of measures for the prevention of dandruff. They are relevant for children of any age.
Often seborrhea is accompanied by itching. This adversely affects the mental state of the child. He becomes whiny, irritable, inattentive in the classroom. In such a situation, you should immediately seek help from a specialist.
As for adults, specialized cosmetic products for hair and scalp care are produced for children. The most popular brands of therapeutic shampoos are as follows:
- series for babies Bubchen and Mustela,
- Nizoral and Friederm for teenagers
- detergent line "Sulsena".
Therapeutic shampoo wash your hair 2-3 times a week for a month. During this period, any manifestations of dandruff should disappear. Next, use this cosmetic once a week to prevent recurrence.
Will help to normalize the condition of the scalp massage. It is performed using conventional massage combs and fingers. This procedure stimulates blood circulation, strengthens the hair roots. Massage can be done using burdock or castor oil, useful and such essential oils as:
- tea tree,
For the improvement of the scalp, you can use rinsing based on herbal decoctions. The most effective in this regard are the following:
Good results are obtained by course treatment with the help of herbal teas, whose action is aimed at improving and strengthening the hair. The composition of these drinks sprout vitamins and other substances useful for children's health.
Parents need to remember that taking medicinal herbs, as well as the use of cosmetics, should be coordinated with the dermatologist. In this case, both dandruff prevention measures and its treatment will be effective and will not cause negative consequences.
Causes of dandruff in children
The causes of abundant detachment of dead skin cells are numerous.
Dandruff may be caused by:
- Inadequate or improper care for the child's hair is one of the most common causes of drying of the scalp and the formation of dandruff. Often, such a manifestation provokes an improperly selected shampoo, the use of various hair balsams and other cosmetics intended for adults.
- Skin diseases such as seborrhea, microsporia, psoriasis and dermatitis. They cause flaking on the scalp. In addition to peeling, there is also abundant hair loss, which is a serious reason for going to a dermatologist.
- Reduced immunity after illness and taking certain antibiotics.
- Allergic reaction - dandruff may occur if in the near future the child took any medication, consumed allergenic products or a reaction to animal or vegetable allergens.
- Avitaminosis - A common cause of dandruff. So the body makes it clear that it lacks nutrients, vitamins and trace elements. In addition to dandruff, avitaminosis observed hair loss and dryness.
- Hormonal disorders - they often provoke dandruff in a teenage child. With such manifestations of pathology should refer to the endocrinologist and therapist.
- Dandruff on the background poor assimilation of food - it appears if the child suffers from indigestion. Along with it there is brittle nails, dry skin.
- Pathogenic fungus - it settles on the upper epidermis, multiplies, penetrates into the deep layers, releases toxins and disrupts the vascular system and sebaceous glands. As a result, the necessary substances are not supplied to the scalp, the skin dries out and forms white flakes.
- Neuroses and psycho-emotional outbursts - the lot of sensitive children and children exposed to stress. Due to such reactions, a spasm of blood vessels occurs, the sebaceous glands stop nourishing the scalp, blood circulation is disturbed, and the upper layers of the skin peel off abundantly.
Any of these diseases can cause peeling of the skin, which gives the child emotional and physical discomfort. In order to promptly begin treatment, and to prevent abundant hair loss, you need to visit the trichologist. It is possible that referrals will be given to other doctors - an endocrinologist, a dermatologist, a gastroenterologist.
Characteristic signs of dandruff
Dandruff can be dry (sebaceous glands do not emit the right amount of lubricant) and oily - there is an active production of subcutaneous fat.
Oily dandruff has the following characteristics:
- The hair became coarse, naughty, tough.
- On the entire surface of the skin pustular formations are observed, which appeared as a result of infection in the wounds.
- Hair look greasy, need daily washing.
- Dandruff flakes have a yellowish tint, stick to the skin and hair, it is difficult to wash off.
Dry dandruff looks different:
- White and gray scales easily fly off the head and settle on the clothes and face of the child.
- Hair is dry, thin and brittle.
- The skin is over-dried, in some places there are microcracks and red areas.
Any manifestation of dandruff should be eliminated as early as possible, since the consequences can be serious: hair loss before alopecia, fungal infection of the entire head area, infection in the bloodstream and infection of individual internal organs.
Basic principles of dandruff treatment in children
To solve the problem of dandruff in a child should be approached comprehensively, that is, use medications, if there are internal diseases, normalize nutrition and use traditional and local preparations to cleanse the scalp. Parents should understand that the most important thing is to identify the real cause of the disease, so the use of local drugs will only slow down the course of the disease for a while.
The general principles of dandruff treatment in children imply several points:
- The menu of the child is revised, harmful products are replaced with healthy, fortified.
- The child must sleep for a set amount of hours and avoid increased mental activity.
- The doctor prescribes special drugs and medicines that help fight the inflammation focus.
It is equally important to carry out local treatment, which will help eliminate hair loss, cleanse the skin of flakes and accelerate the regeneration of the scalp.
Scalp treatment is carried out with such preparations:
- Natural healing shampoos containing natural ingredients.
- Useful hair masks with healing mud and herbal decoctions.
- Vegetable, nutritious oils - they will calm dry skin and fill with useful elements.
Detailed information about all anti-dandruff medicines can be found here. Pay attention: not all shampoos and medical masks are suitable for children, therefore a doctor should deal with the selection of a therapeutic agent!
Action Guidelines for the treatment of dandruff in children
After the examination, the attending physician prescribes a complex of drugs.
Parents can help speed recovery by following these guidelines:
- For the period of treatment it is necessary to prescribe a dietary, fortified diet. The diet should contain lean meat and sea fish, cereals, fruits, dairy products, greens.
- If a vitamin deficiency disease has been identified by a doctor, a multivitamin complex is recommended, with a maximum content of beneficial elements.
- It is very important to establish the psycho-emotional state of the child, whose disorder is manifested by restless sleep, fear, neurosis, hysteria. Parents need to pay more attention to the child, to protect him from stress and unnecessary excitement.
- Carefully pick up hair care products. They must be hypoallergenic, natural and as safe as possible. It is not recommended to dry your head with a hair dryer, use cosmetic products with perfumes and preservatives.
- If fungal diseases are the cause of dandruff, then you should start using local antifungal shampoos and sprays. Treatment is carried out only under the supervision of a dermatologist.
Folk remedies for dry dandruff
The general complex of treatment for dandruff includes recipes of traditional medicine, which have a positive effect, complement therapy, relieve inflammation, accelerate the healing of pustules, promote hair growth. When dry dandruff is not recommended to wash your head with hard water, you can soften it with a couple of drops of vinegar. Also avoid washing your scalp with excessively hot water, it dries out the top layer of the dermis.
note: For the treatment of dry dandruff in children, oil masks are the most suitable, which fill the skin with vitamins and moisturize hair well. When treating, you should use the following types of oils: lemon, burdock, peach, tea, lemon balm, grape seed oil, olive oil.
Effective traditional medicine recipes recommended for treating dry dandruff in children:
- Spread 3 spoons of warmed burdock oil over the scalp, cover with foil and wrap with a towel.This heat effect should be maintained for 20 minutes, then rinse hair thoroughly.
- 1 tablespoon of onion juice mixed with a teaspoon of peach oil and apply on skin with soft massage movements. The duration of the thermal effect is 10 minutes.
- Add 20 drops of vitamin E and 10 drops of retinol to an aloe leaf shredded with a blender. Warm the composition spread over the scalp and leave for 20 minutes under a wrap and towel.
Effective and are masks, including fatty dairy products, honey and decoctions of herbs such as oak bark, nettle, chamomile, linden, lemon balm. Rinse your hair with decoctions after masks or shampooing. Herbal medicine is recommended to carry out 2-3 times a week for three months.
Folk remedies for oily dandruff
Treatment of oily dandruff in children begins with the removal of fatty, high-calorie, and carbohydrate foods from the diet. Preparations prepared according to popular recipes act as antiseptics. They normalize the sebaceous glands and help nutrients penetrate the deep layers of the epidermis.
note: in case of fat dandruff in children do not use essential oils and fatty dairy products, only herbal infusions with which you can rinse the skin after shampooing or use them as compresses.
Any herbal composition can be prepared independently, including such components as burdock root, marigold, hops. Herbs need to be taken in equal proportions, pour boiling water and insist 30 minutes. Then you can moisten the bandage and apply on the skin, or rinse the hair with infusion after washing.
The course of treatment is 2-3 months, then prophylaxis is carried out during the next six months. If there are pustules on the skin, you should avoid recipes that include ingredients such as onions, garlic, hot peppers. Such substances irritate the scalp, deliver a lot of pain and do not solve the main problem.
Causes of "white snow" in a child
The causes of dandruff in a child quite a lot. And it is desirable for parents to be aware of this information in order to save the child from this trouble as quickly as possible.
- If the problem arose at the age of 8 years, then there is a possibility that this is due to a fungus or other skin diseases.
- When dandruff in a child appeared in 2 - 5 years, then perhaps it was the result of pediculosis or worms.
- At 3 years and 10 years, the increase in cornified scales may be associated with the transfer of stressful situations.
- At the age of 11 dandruff is possible due to hormonal disruption.
- Allergies, both food and hygiene products, and medicines can be quite likely to cause illness.
- Wrong metabolism and diet can become companions in order to become dandruff in the child.
- Improper head hygiene. That is, if the selected shampoo is not suitable for the baby.
If the parents did notice that the child often scratches his head and white scales appear in large quantities, it is worth contacting a pediatrician or a dermatologist. Doctors will be able to accurately determine the cause and prompt the right way out of the situation.
How to get rid of unpleasant hair problems?
There are two ways to fight dandruff: local and general. In case of detection of dandruff in the child should be applied complex treatment. Before the immediate start of treatment, it is simply necessary to identify the true cause of the formations. After all, if you start to try various methods of getting rid of dandruff, you can bring harm to the scalp, hair, and the health of the child as a whole. It is necessary to begin treatment only after consultation with the doctor.
In such situations, pediatricians usually prescribe a diet for children: the rational use of exceptionally healthy products, saturated with vitamins, micro- and macro-elements.
During the period of treatment, it is recommended to protect the child from all kinds of negative and stressful situations.The doctor selects suitable for the child's hair and scalp care products. If dandruff was caused by an allergic reaction - the complete isolation of the baby from the allergen.
General Dandruff Treatment Method
This method is aimed at improving the body as a whole. Children should eat less fried, spicy and fatty foods, salt. It is necessary to significantly reduce the use of all kinds of pastries, sweets, chocolate, tea. Instead, all this should give preference to fresh vegetables and fruits, herbs.
Also, the doctor may prescribe a survey for the identification of worms in the body, prescribe various kinds of sorbents for the normalization of the intestines. If the problem is a hormonal failure, then the endocrinologist may prescribe the appropriate drugs.
Important! In no case should you take hormone preparations for children without a prescription. This can adversely affect the health of the child.
Parents, in turn, should follow a quiet sleep of the child, as well as more often walk with him in the fresh air, and go in for physical exercises.
Dandruff treatment using local method
A special tool can only pick up a doctor - a dermatologist after the exact diagnosis. After all, each type of seborrhea is treated with different drugs. This may be shampoo, vegetable oils, masks, hydrolaty. In some cases, it is recommended to massage the head with a cosmetic. Usually such a session lasts no more than 10-15 minutes.
- Medical shampoo. This tool, if properly chosen, will help remove the scales from the hair, normalizes fat, will remove the fungus from the skin of the head. It is worth remembering that such a medical shampoo can wash your hair no more than three times a week. Apply to wet hair with massage movements. After a couple of minutes, rinse with warm water. A complete cure for dandruff is possible after one month of use. The most effective and popular are Nizoral, Sulsena, Friderm.
Folk remedies to combat dandruff in children
The use of traditional medicine, of course, will help in the fight against dandruff, but only in combination with other drugs. If it is treated with some herbal extracts and herbal teas, then the result will have to wait quite a long time. And it will be only in the case of regular procedures. But they will not be superfluous. After all, they can contribute to the strengthening and improvement of the hairline as a whole, which will not be superfluous to consolidate the course of the fight against seborrhea.
Compliance with preventive measures can protect children from dandruff
To avoid the unpleasant appearance of dandruff accompanied by itching, you need to teach your child simple hygiene rules. He should have:
- own comb, which only he uses
- personal hats that should not be measured by friends,
- quality shampoo, suitable for his hair type.
Wash your hair only with warm water. Wearing a child's hat must be on hot and cold days.In no case should he push him, and it is desirable that he be made of high-quality natural material. Parents must ensure that their baby’s physical and emotional health is in order. The child just needs to eat properly and efficiently, and also lead an active lifestyle, often walking.
If dandruff is still there, then after treatment you need to get rid of all hats, hairbrushes, rubber bands. In the extreme case, if you can not buy everything new, then you should treat it with vinegar.
Dandruff can appear at completely different ages and you need to start fighting it right away. For this you need to consult a doctor. He will be able to find out the exact reason that will facilitate a speedy recovery. And if you adhere to preventive measures, you can never again face this problem.
Video: how to get rid of dandruff
Oddly enough, dandruff can appear not only in an adult, but even in an infant baby. The cause of dandruff in a child is a failure of hormonal or metabolic processes. As a result of such changes, fungal activity is activated (oval piterosporum), which manifests itself in the appearance of a large number of white scales on the scalp.
Causes of dandruff in a child
The causes of dandruff in children include:
- hormonal hormonal disorders during puberty,
- dysfunction of the thyroid gland and adrenal glands,
- vegetative vascular dystonia,
- diseases of the nervous system
- immune system disorder
- defeat of the body by staphylococcus and streptococcus,
- avitaminosis and unhealthy diet
- allergic reaction to hair shampoos,
- infection through personal hygiene items for hair, hats, hairpins.
Children perceive any discomfort much more acutely than adults. External irritants can cause a great trauma to the child’s psyche, therefore dandruff treatment in children in no case be deferred.
How to remove dandruff in a child at home
Armed with knowledge and patience, it is easy to rid the child of dandruff at home. Parents who are faced with the problem of dandruff in the child should understand that in addition to external treatment, a special approach to the nutrition of the child is necessary. Properly and properly chosen diet - the key to success in the fight against this unpleasant disease. In the treatment of dandruff diet is based on the rejection of all the sweet, flour, chocolate, tea, carbonated drinks, as well as salt. The diet of the child should not include products from yeast and sweet dough. It is better to replace them with loaves, rye bread with bran and sprouted wheat sprouts. Preference should be given to foods rich in dietary fiber and fiber: vegetables, fruits, nuts, dried fruits and legumes. Meat and fish should choose low-fat varieties, and it is better to replace them with seafood, if possible. We should not forget about products containing vegetable oils (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, walnuts), as well as dairy products.
Having picked up a proper diet, at the same time it is necessary to start external treatment of hair, which consists in applying special shampoos, antifungal masks and ointments. The composition of therapeutic shampoos must include components opposing the fungus: ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, octopyrox, pyrithione, salicylic acid, sulfur, tar. In addition, it is better to give preference to therapeutic shampoos, the components of which have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects, heal microcracks, have exfoliating properties and care for the hair structure. Experts recommend the use of medical shampoos such as: Nizoral, Friedermink, Friderm-tar.
The course of treatment shampoo should be from two to three months.The first two to four weeks you should wash your head two to three times a week, and then one to two times for seven days. In order for the shampoo to show its healing properties, it is necessary to apply it on the head twice, and after each soaping leave the shampoo on the head for several minutes. When the treatment is completed, you should switch to a pH-neutral shampoo. You should not use two in one shampoo, but rather wash your hair with shampoo first, and then apply a conditioner for hair.
To improve the nutrition of the hair, strengthen the flow of blood to their roots will massage the head, which can easily be done by the child on their own. Before starting the procedure, you should brush your hair well in all directions, and then, tightly pressing the pads of the fingers to the head, make their light stroking movements from the forehead to the back of the head and from the ears to the crown. The massage should be performed ten to fifteen minutes a day. To enhance the effect, you can use herbal decoction and essential oils.
How to remove dandruff from a child folk remedies
When have baby dandruff how to get rid from it becomes a primary concern for parents. To the aid may come the recipes of traditional medicine. Popular methods that are used in the fight against dandruff are quite a lot. Parents should have time and patience, because of the total number of proposed recipes of traditional medicine, you need not only to find the most effective recipe, but also to perform the necessary procedures regularly. Only in this case, the treatment will give a positive result. Here are some folk recipes proposed in the fight against dandruff, which saturate the hair with nutrients and improve their nutrition:
- Mask of bran. A glass of bran pour boiling water and let it brew. The resulting gruel to lubricate the hair and scalp, lightly massaging it and wait an hour, wrapped his head with a towel, and then wash his head.
- Kefir and sour milk. Place shampoo is very useful to periodically wash your hair with yogurt or kefir. Apply a fermented milk product on the hair should be twenty to thirty minutes before washing your hair.
- Calendula tincture and castor oil. A mixture of an equal amount of castor oil and pharmaceutical tincture of calendula rubbed into the hair roots.
- Yarrow decoction. Four tablespoons of herbs pour the floor with a liter of water and boil for five minutes, then let the broth stand for thirty minutes, strain it and squeeze. For a half to two months, rubbing decoction into the scalp should be done daily.
- Walnut leaves. Two tablespoons of leaves pour a glass of water, boil and let stand for one to two hours. Rub the infusion into the scalp, leaving for fifteen to twenty minutes before washing. The procedure should be repeated after a week.
Traditional medicine also advises to drink tea from the fruits of rose hips, use the berries of sea buckthorn and black currants, which contain large amounts of vitamin C, trace elements, which the dandruff-prone scalp needs so much.
Causes of Baby Dandruff
If your child has dandruff, then the main cause of it is, like in adults, the fungus. The root causes that cause dandruff in children can be:
- Incorrectly selected children's hair care products.
Pay attention to the daily shampoo you wash your baby’s head with. It may not be suitable for its hair type or maybe you have recently changed the detergent and dandruff has appeared.
- Violation of the rules of hygiene.
Perhaps the baby recently used a towel to a friend in the kindergarten, or they swapped hats. Ask the child if there were such cases, then it could well be the cause that provoked dandruff.
- Genetic predisposition.
If one of the parents or close relatives of the baby is susceptible to seborrhea, then there is a high probability that dandruff may appear even in a newborn child. This is most likely due to inherited pathologies of the sebaceous glands of the scalp.
- Lack of vitamins.
If there is a deficiency of nutrients in the body of your baby, seborrhea may occur. Most often, this is a lack of vitamins B. For treating this type of dandruff in children, it is enough to replenish the supply of vitamins: bananas, carrots, fish, meat, grapes, or a vitamin B complex
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
The body of the child is constantly growing and changing, so there may be quite frequent disruptions in the work of the digestive system. If any, you need to contact a specialist.
- Stressful situations.
Yes, kids are also subject to stress and, often, stronger than adults. The reason for this is a thin, not fully formed children's nervous system. Even excessive positive emotions can cause failure.
- Hormonal adjustment in adolescence.
Adolescence is a difficult period in the life of a child and his parents. And, unfortunately, such a disease as dandruff in a child of 12-13 years old is not uncommon.
If you find dandruff in your child, before deciding what to do with it, you need to determine its type. In young children, dry dandruff often appears, in adolescents - oily. Before you begin treatment, it is advisable to consult a specialist, because the children's body is much more gentle and prone to allergies.
Dandruff treatment in children
If the parents decide the question of how to cure dandruff in a child - with the help of doctors and medicines, then you should only follow their recommendations. If, however, decided on the treatment of dandruff in a child folk remedies, it is also desirable to first consult with a dermatologist or a cosmetologist.
Of course, in the case of violations of the internal organs of the baby, treatment should begin with the normalization of the work of the child's body. But, even in this case, folk remedies for dandruff can help relieve the current state (eliminate itching, hair loss) and can be used as an addition to the main treatment program.
Dandruff Herbs It is recommended to wash the baby’s hair and scalp up to 5 times a week with weak broths of herbs such as chamomile, nettle, calendula, yarrow, rosemary.
Laundry dandruff soap When oily dandruff in order to disinfect, eliminate fungal sticks, you can wash the baby’s head with soap suds. If the child is chest or has got dry dandruff, it is recommended to wash the hair with thick soap suds with added oil.
Dandruff oil Essential oils of conifers will be relevant in small quantities, with the addition of olive, almond, linseed oil to the base.
Dandruff Shampoo for Children You can purchase a special medical shampoo at a pharmacy or make it yourself. For example, the recipe for homemade cream dandruff shampoo is quite simple:
- Beat 1 yolk.
- Mix it with 1 teaspoon of Polysorb MP. It is silica in the form of a powder, which is widely used in cosmetology against acne and blackheads.
- Apply to the scalp, massage for 5-7 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
Apply this shampoo is recommended no more than once every three weeks.
Dandruff - aesthetic inconvenience or disease?
Dandruff is small, dead skin scales. The skin is constantly renewed, dead skin particles are rejected and new cells are formed.
If in the body all the processes are balanced, then dandruff is formed a little, it is imperceptible and does not give the owner of the head much concern.
But when the number of scales increases, they become noticeable, itchy and smart hair begins to leave the owner, then dandruff ceases to be an aesthetic problem. This is a disease of the scalp - seborrhea.
If there is strong dandruff in the child, then it must be treated necessarily. This is especially true for teenagers.
In this age group, sebum excretion increases due to physiological hormonal storm. And troubles with the appearance only add to the teenager moral and physical suffering.
Causes and treatment of dandruff in children from 1 to 12 years
Seborrhea is not an independent disease. This is a consequence or symptom of various health problems.
Causes of dandruff:
The fungus is a permanent inhabitant of human skin. But as long as the composition and amount of skin secretion does not change, the conditionally pathogenic flora does not multiply and does not manifest itself. As soon as the balance shifts, the fungus actively declares itself. Dandruff appears.
Causes of changes in the composition and volume of sebum production:
Separately, it should be noted dandruff in a newborn baby. This is not dandruff in the usual sense, and seborrheic crust. It occurs due to increased activity of the sebaceous glands.
Dandruff in infants is treated by special means, but it is necessary to remove unpleasant crusts.
To cure dandruff in a child is easy. For this, various drugs have been developed in a convenient form - shampoos, creams, hair masks. But it is important to find out the reason for activating the excretion or reducing the production of sebum.
Preparations for local treatment:
These funds are approved for use in children older than 12 months. So to deal with dandruff in adolescents will have the same means as in young children.
Masks, pastes and dandruff shampoos for children: how to get rid of and remove infection
In a pharmacy, a pharmacist will offer several solutions to the problem of seborrhea. What drug to choose parents? Consider famous brands.
Sulsen preparations are produced in several forms - paste, soap, mask, baby dandruff shampoo for girls and boys.
The main active ingredient of the funds "Sulsen" selenium disulfide in the amount of 2.5%. Normalizes sebum production, relieves itching, strengthens hair, protects the hair follicle from damage.
Effective dosage of the drug:
The treatment is carried out 1 time per week. With oily seborrhea - 2 times a week. As a preventive measure - once a month.
The product is applied to cleanly washed hair and left for 15 minutes. Then wash off with plenty of water.
The drug does not enter the systemic circulation, so overdose is almost impossible.
Important! The drug should not fall into the eyes!
Sulsena is an inexpensive dandruff remedy for teens, children and adults. Side effects are individual. Most often these are allergic skin reactions.
The drug "Nizoral" is a broad-spectrum antimycotic.
Available in the form of shampoo, cream and capsules. To combat dandruff use shampoo. You can treat dandruff in a teenager or an adult yourself. For children, you will need to consult a dermatologist.
Treatment of the scalp is carried out 2 times a week. As a prevention of dandruff, it is enough to use Nizoral shampoo 1 time in 2 weeks. The head should be thoroughly soaped and leave the composition on the skin for 5 minutes. After treatment, rinse hair thoroughly.
Shampoo "Nizoral" is not absorbed into the systemic circulation, therefore, the occurrence of side effects is unlikely. Most often - this is an allergic reaction to the active ingredients of the drug.
Shampoo "Friderm-zinc" - antifungal drug will help get rid of dandruff in a child, adolescent and adult.
The main active ingredient is a suspension of 2% pyrithione zinc. Shampoo removes the symptoms of seborrhea and dandruff.
Before use, Friederm Zinc should be shaken thoroughly. Apply the tool 2 times a week for 2 weeks, and then 1 time per week for 2 months.
The drug is not absorbed, so an overdose is unlikely. Side effects are extremely rare and manifest as an allergic reaction.
How to do without drugs: diet and traditional medicine
To get rid of dandruff in a child with only drugs is difficult. To antimycotics should add a diet and use the recipes of traditional medicine.
The diet for dandruff in a child, adolescent or adult should be adjusted:
To begin to treat dandruff in a teenager should also be with the normalization of nutrition.
An excellent addition to traditional medicines will be herbal medicine.
Traditional medicine recommends rinsing the hair with decoction of chamomile, nettle, dioecious, onion peel and infusion of oak bark. All of them have anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal effects.
All broths are prepared according to the classical technology - 250 ml of boiling water per 5 g of raw material. Herbs should be filled with boiling water, cover with a lid and leave to infuse until completely cool. Oak bark is boiled for 15 minutes.
After the broth has cooled, it should be drained. Dry residue squeeze. In the resulting infusion add boiled water to a total volume of 250 ml.
Contraindications to the use of decoctions is an individual intolerance to one or another herb.
Many adults are quite indifferent to this type of disease, like dandruff. But when this problem concerns their baby, they immediately begin to take active steps to get rid of trouble once and for all. Treatment of dandruff in children is largely determined by the age of the baby, so the main methods of getting rid of the mild form of dermatitis should be found in more detail.
sulsen dandruff ointment
if you dream of dandruff
As you have found the problem in the baby, be sure to contact the trichologist. So you can find out exactly the cause of the disease, which will determine the correct course of healing. In addition, it is better to undergo a complete diagnosis in order to exclude the possibility of the occurrence of more serious ailments.
In fact, the process of updating the upper layers of the epidermis is the norm, but in the case of itching and the formation of whole flakes of dead cells, you need to undergo a healing course to get rid of dandruff.
dandruff in cats
If you see that there is a lot of peeling flakes in a baby, this may indicate impaired sebaceous glands and active reproduction of yeast fungus.
herbal medicine for dandruff
- unbalanced nutrition and vitamin deficiency,
- violation of metabolic processes in the body,
- endocrine system diseases
- wrong hair care
- allergic to care products for curls,
- stresses and nervous disorders
- Masks. For oily hair, you can use masks based on grated berries of currants and cherries, nettle and St. John's wort. Prepared formulations are applied on the head and washed off after about 30-40 minutes. Perform such procedures no more than 1 time in 2 days,
Dandruff in a baby may seem virtually at any age, but the ways to deal with the problem in all cases will be personal.
In newborns and children up to 2 years in most cases, it appears specifically dry seborrhea, which is characterized by the lack of synthesis of sebaceous glands.
home dandruff tips
In this case, the scalp can be very flaky due to lack of moisture, with the result that there can be redness and even itching. All this is badly reflected on the condition of the hair, which becomes faded and weakened.
healing dandruff fungi popular recipes
Mixed and dry seborrhea in most cases occurs in adolescents in the pubertal period.Almost always this process can be considered normal. In the body, there is a colossal restructuring, because of which there are jumps in the hormonal background. Naturally, this is reflected in the work of the sebaceous glands. In this case, to reduce the fat content of the scalp, use special shampoos that normalize the secretion of fat.
Ancestors do not always notice dandruff in children at an early stage. But the earlier you find the problem, the easier it will be to get rid of it. The main symptoms of pathological exfoliation of dead cells of the epidermis include:
tar shampoos against dandruff
- overestimated or dry hair,
- the curls become tougher and more disobedient
- scalp irritation
- dead cells begin to crumble whole flakes.
- Vegetable oils. Cedar, flaxseed, burdock and sesame oils are rubbed into the head for a couple of hours before washing the head. Thanks to this procedure, you can very quickly get rid of the scales in the baby under the age of 1 year.
- Balance nutrition. Include foods rich in amino acids, vitamins and essential trace elements in your diet. With all this, it is desirable to exclude spicy foods and limit the consumption of sweets.
- Organize your daily routine. Make daily walks with the baby and provide him with a healthy sleep - more than 8 hours a day.
- Normalize the nervous system. To increase the body's resistance, give your baby tincture of lemongrass, motherwort or aralia.
- To pick up dandruff shampoo. Depending on the age and type of baby's hair, pick up a healing shampoo that normalizes sebum secretion.
Usually, in an infant baby, light dermatitis occurs due to non-compliance with the rules of hygiene, therefore, in this case, it is possible to do without medical treatment and the use of therapeutic shampoos.
- Purchase sterile olive or vegetable oil,
- Lubricate the head of the baby with heated oil,
- After two hours, wash off the oil and blot the head with a towel.
In addition, it is desirable that the crumbs have their own comb made from natural materials. And at the age of 1 year for the treatment of seborrhea, you can buy in a pharmacy hypoallergenic shampoo, which consists of antifungal substances. But before using the tool all the same it is better to consult a doctor.
While struggling with dandruff in newborn children, it is impossible to use preparations with active ingredients, but at the age of 6 years old, the skin becomes not so sensitive to synthetic substances, therefore, special treatment products for problematic hair can be used for treatment.
dandruff from ridgeback
Trichologists recommend in the treatment of dandruff in a child of 6-7 years to use these methods of getting rid of seborrhea:
iherb dandruff shampoos
dandruff castor oil
- Medicated shampoos. The composition includes ketoconazole and antifungal components. Thanks to this
shampoo bonacure anti-dandruff reviews shampoos manage to cope with yeast, severe itching and peeling,
- Burr oil. For dry scalp, it is desirable to use oils with a high content of fatty acids (burdock, castor, olive, vegetable),
- Tar care products. In such shampoos include extracts of plant origin (birch, pine), which are inherently hypoallergenic and contribute to the normalization of the sebaceous glands.
As previously mentioned, shampooing with seborrhea shampoos is suitable for children of not all ages. Let's look at the popular methods of treatment.
hormonal changes in the body during puberty,
- genetic disposition.
- Decoctions. Medicinal decoctions made from chamomile, calendula, yarrow or lavender are used as rinses after washing your head,
- Infusions. Chamomile, onion peel or nettle solutions are used as rinses.They can be used for seborrhea in children of all ages,
Dandruff is not only a cosmetic problem, therefore it is necessary to fight it. Sometimes this trouble indicates the presence of more serious problems associated with disruptions in the endocrine system. Therefore, when a disease is detected, it is worth contacting a specialist.
Yorkshire Dandruff Shampoo
Causes of dandruff in childhood. The first signs of seborrhea in a child. Treatment of dandruff in children - the best means.
Unpleasant snow-white flakes in the hair, itching, dry scalp - a problem for adults and children. Many mothers, when the first symptoms appear, try to replace the care products, but the problem sometimes lies deeper. The reasons for the development of problems include metabolic disorders, weakening of the immune system, diseases of internal organs. How to prevent dandruff in a child, the methods of its treatment, the difficulties encountered in delaying the disease, we consider in detail below.
Treatment of oily seborrhea and dandruff in children folk remedies
Problem dandruff is more common in childrenthan in adults. The reason is usually in the imperfection of the sebaceous glands, genetic predisposition, individual features of the structure of the skin. By the way, it is easy to get dandruff under the following conditions:
- Using combs, towels and headgear of a person whose dandruff is actively “flourishing”.
- Reduced immunity.
- Disorders in the endocrine and nervous system.
- Lack of vitamins of group B.
- Irrational food. Disruption of the digestive system.
- Emotional and mental stress and overwork.
To baby dandruff free, treatment of folk remedies in the first place should be aimed at eliminating disruptions in the work of the child's body. Otherwise, the external means will give only a temporary effect.
The diet should contain as little as possible of products subjected to heat treatment (especially frying), and as much as possible of fresh greens, vegetables and fruits. Particular attention should be paid to the inclusion in the children's menu of foods rich in vitamins of group B. A balanced diet can be found by searching on the Internet for information on the composition of various foods. I’ll just give you a recipe for lettuce that fills a vitamin B deficiency. It consists of the following ingredients: pork liver (presoaked and boiled in a double boiler), boiled beans, diced cheese, 5-day-old wheat germ (ground), spinach, parsley, greens. For refueling need: vegetable oil, 1 tbsp. l orange juice, salt and pepper to taste. Give preference to “alive”, rather than synthetic vitamins and mineral supplements!
An important step in the fight against dandruff is a reduction in sebaceous excretion of the scalp. The safest and most effective remedy is herbal infusions. 3-5 times a week spend “false washing” with the following herbs: yarrow, parsley, mint, St. John's wort, rosemary, nettle, marjoram, sage, anise.
If a dandruff problem up to 2 years, it is safer to use washing with oil and thick suds. Oil really helps to normalize the sebaceous glands. In addition, it does not lead to drying of the baby’s scalp. If dandruff is accompanied by oily seborrhea, then you should know that sebum has a low content of linoleic acid. Perhaps only vegetable oils can fill this deficiency. In the presence of dandruff problems and oily seborrhea, the use of the following oils will be successful: almond, grape seed, walnut, cedar, sesame, flaxseed. Based on them, you can make an effective and simple oil infusion. Infuse about 10-14 days, stirring the mixture daily. For its manufacture will require:
- hot vegetable oil (see p. 3), 250 ml.,
- Eucalyptus leaves (ask online pharmacies of the city), 1 tbsp.l.,
- green tea with jasmine petals (from the supermarket), break 2 sachets,
- marjoram (seasoning or fresh herb from the supermarket), 1 tbsp. l
This oil infusion is applied to the scalp of a child while bathing. You can wear a polyethylene shower cap and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with shampoo. Rinse with any decoction from the previous paragraph.
To prevent the problem of hair loss that often accompanies dandruff in a child, the scalp must be cleaned with phyto-means. I will give two options. Each has its own advantages. And each of them should not be used more than 1 time in 3 weeks. Application takes place until complete disappearance of dandruff. So, the first tool is very simple. It will only be necessary to add 1 tsp to a chicken egg yolk. "Polysorb MP". This is an enterosorbent that removes toxins from the body. It is a white powder of highly dispersed (crushed) silicon dioxide. In cosmetology, it is introduced into the composition of scrubs, creams, toothpastes, as well as anti-acne products. I call this homemade shampoo “cream-shampoo”, since, when interacting (beating with a fork) with the yolk, silicon dioxide plays the role of an emulsifier. I used it myself, washing off the oil masks and washing my 2-year-old daughter's hair. I noticed that in addition to cleansing, shampoo cream gives volume and strengthens hair. During the application of such a homemade shampoo, it is desirable to massage the scalp for 5-7 minutes. Rinse with boiled water with the addition of cosmetic ice from kelp. This procedure will protect the hair from drying over the entire length.
To remove dandruff from a child, you can use another version of the phyto-scrub for the scalp, dandruff and oily seborrhea as follows:
- pea flour, 1 tsp.
- ground in the coffee grinder juniper fruits, 1 tsp.
- Mint infusion, 2 tbsp. l
- fructose, 1 tsp.
- lemon juice, ½ tsp
This composition nourishes the epidermis of the scalp with B vitamins, moisturizes, tones and deodorizes. This composition is softer than the previous one, but it will take more time to make it. First, you pour boiling water over the mint and insist 20 minutes. Then add a still warm infusion to the dry mixture of the ground fruits of juniper and pea flour. The mixture should stand for about an hour so that the whole composition is dissolved in the mint infusion. And just before using home phyto-scrub, you add fructose and lemon juice. Stand as a mask for about 10 minutes and wash off. Pay attention to wash all the particles of phyto-scrub (mainly, parts of pea flour), you will need a large amount of water.
Deal with dandruff problem in children indoor plant myrtle will help to normalize the work of the sebaceous glands of the scalp. It has an astringent and deodorizing effect. The juice of its leaves can be rubbed into the scalp of a child. This will reduce the appearance of dandruff and oily seborrhea. Rubbing is desirable to carry out after washing and leave as an indelible means.
Among the hydrolates will be relevant aromatic water of lavender, jasmine, chamomile and tea tree (with oily seborrhea), juniper, ylang-ylang. The composition of the listed hydrolates includes traces of essential oils, containing in turn substances that soothe the central nervous system. Hydrolates should be used in the same dosage as similar essential oils. It is desirable to treat only the scalp. To do this, take a cotton pad, moisten in boiled water and add 3-5 drops of the selected hydrolat to a wet disc. And you can use a simpler tool. You will need:
- mineral still water,
- pine needles (or bay leaf).
The dry mix should be about 1/3 with respect to water. Heats up in a water bath for 2 hours, not boiling. Store, as well as hydrolat, in the refrigerator.
What should not be used in the treatment of oily seborrhea and dandruff in children:
- High alkaline agents. Since the pH of the scalp increases with this type of dermatosis, it is necessary to use products with a neutral pH. These are soft shampoos that do not irritate the eye mucosa, phyto-remedies. And from forbidden - soda. After using industrial shampoo, be sure to rinse hair, paying more attention to the scalp, boiled water, diluted with lemon juice.
- It is also undesirable to use purchase products for the treatment of dandruff and oily seborrhea intended for adults.
Use a set of measures and in no case run the problem. dandruff or oily seborrhea in a child! No need to spend time searching for a unique tool. You will surely find everything you need among home remedies.
The article was prepared by young mother Yana, who is actively interested in home cosmetology.